Pinterest Is not a wedding Planner!
But here is how you can use it to your advantage
Like any other woman out there that has access to the internet, I too love Pinterest. It has EVERYTHING! Recipes, clothing inpso, hair & make up, and everything else you didn't know you needed. It is also notorious for having the most gorgeous wedding inspiration on the market. But don't let Pinterest fool you. It may be crawling with wedding ideas that you fall in love with but be careful because Pinterest is not a wedding planner. It doesn't allow for all the organizational tips and tools that you will need through your wedding planning journey. Check out the best ways that we believe you can use Pinterest to your advantage this wedding season.
Finding Inspiration & Staying organized
Click & Pin. Click & Pin. Click & Pin. It's almost fun how easy it is to get lost in a black hole of Pinterest by just pinning anything that slightly catches your eye. When it comes to finding inspiration for your wedding you have to be a little more picky. Here's our tips to staying organized.
1. Create different boards for different parts of your wedding. For example, one for flowers, for desserts, for dresses, for place settings, etc.
2. Every time you pin something make a note on that pin of WHY you pinned it. Make sure it is a little more detailed than "I like it because it is pretty." Comment on the colors, the shapes, the wow factor it could add. That way you can look back and actually remember why you pinned it in the first place.
3. Don't pin just to pin. Think about the color scheme of your wedding. Keep in mind the atmosphere you want your wedding to have. Pick three words to describe your wedding and if that pin doesn't fit in any of those categories, don't pin it.
4. Be mindful of what you pin/how much pin. Every time you get on Pinterest remind yourself that you and your special one set a budget for your big day. If you pin another 100 ideas then it could be costing you another couple hundreds of dollars.
5. Share your pin board with your REAL LIFE Wedding Planner. Having these boards ready to discuss with your wedding planner will help create an overall vision for the wedding and give them a good place to start to help you plan every last detail.
We want to help you plan the perfect wedding!
Check out sweetly paired's pinterest board for Wedding inspiration!
HELPFUL TIPS FOR RECENTLY ENGAGED COUPLES STRAIGHT FROM EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS!
Have you gotten engaged recently?! Do you see a ring in your near future? Well congratulations! One of the most wonderful times of the year is engagement season because it is filled with people expressing their love and commitment to one another. But getting engaged means you have a wedding to plan! Don't worry, we are sharing tips all month for recently engaged couples on what to do next! Straight from your favorite wedding professionals!
Tip #1: When thinking about your guest list don’t get too overwhelmed too quickly. Start big picture. Do you want a large wedding or a smaller wedding? Family only or do you want to invite everyone you’ve ever met? Your guest list will play a role into how you choose a venue, a caterer, lodging, transportation and more. Just remember it is your day and you should celebrate with the people YOU want there.
Tip #2: One of the most overwhelming parts of wedding planning is staying in budget. Before you start charging everything to the credit card... do your research! Looks at average costs, compare prices from vendor to vendor, set realistic expectations, and don’t be afraid to make compromises. There is a way to have the perfect wedding day but also to stay out of debt. And if your money management skills aren’t your strongest quality then look into a Professional Wedding Planner. They will help you create magic but also to help you stay on track.
Tip #3: Location, location, location! There is a whole world out there and you can get married just about anywhere! From a farm to the city to the mountain tops or even the middle of the ocean. What location best reflects you and your special someone? Find what truly speaks to you and the hunt for the perfect spot will come much easier.
CHECK OUT OUR INSTAGRAM FEED FOR MORE DAILY TIPS
Lilli Black is a wedding coordinator, planner and designer in Denver Colorado. She works in Denver, as well as all over Colorado. She has been in the wedding industry for many years, and has planned more than 1000 weddings in Colorado.