Always be prepared... scouts honor
How to be ahead of the game and be prepared for bad weather on your big day.
A challenging aspect of planning a wedding is planning around the weather. Unfortunately, the weather is something we have zero control of so instead of stressing, be prepared. You never know what type of weather may fall on your wedding day (especially here in Colorado where is can snow in June). Here are some tips to stay on top of it and be prepared in the event that a rain storm invites itself to your big day.
1. If you live somewhere where it rains a lot consider having your ceremony and reception indoors. This way you avoid the problem all together! Put a little extra into decorating the venue and you'll have a gorgeous backdrop for your vows.
2. Talk to the venue beforehand. See what preparations they have, what their plan B is generally if there is unexpected weather. Ask what couples have done in the at that venue when it rained. Did they try to wait it out? Did they move it inside? Did they do their cocktail hour first and then have their ceremony?
3. Talk to your photographer a few weeks beforehand and a have a backup plan for photos. If you were planning on having a outdoor photo shoot for bridal portraits, have a secondary location indoors. Or maybe you and the photographer brave the weather with beautiful umbrellas to get some unique shots. Take advantage of how gorgeous it may get outside even with the bad weather.
4. Speaking of umbrellas, it may be good to have a few on hand just in case. At least for you and the wedding party. Talk to the venue beforehand and see if they have any back ups for the big day.
5. Pack an extra pair of shoes (and socks) just in case. It can't hurt to throw a pair of rain boots in your emergency kit if the forecast is calling for rain. Could definitely make for some cute puddle-splashing photos.
6. Emergency make-up kit! It is probably a good idea to have one of these anyway, but to have a small kit of remover, mascara, and some foundation can help fix any little mistake. Plus the groomsmen can always carry it around for you since they are blessed with pockets in everything they do.
7. Most importantly - STAY POSITIVE - This is the day you've been dreaming of and you should never let something like the weather get in the way of ruining your day! Embrace it! Love it! After all, rain on your wedding day is good luck!
Weather experts at your service
Leave a Reply.
Lilli Black is a wedding coordinator, planner and designer in Denver Colorado. She works in Denver, as well as all over Colorado. She has been in the wedding industry for many years, and has planned more than 1000 weddings in Colorado.