One of our Faves - Meredith Harris! Denver Weddings~
- How long have you been in the biz? How did you get started? - 7 years. My husband is the one who started our photography business. He decided he wanted to photograph a wedding after being inspired by the husband and wife team that photographed our wedding. We saw what was possible with digital photography and that wedding photos no longer had to be formal and boring. We both always loved photography as a hobby. When we were dating we used to go hiking together and have competitions over who could take a better photo of the same thing. I would get the film developed and not tell him which role he was looking at and he'd have to guess. (We still debate over who took which photos!) It was a natural progression to start our business together.
- How did you name your biz? - Even though we photograph weddings as a husband and wife team we chose to use my name as the face of our business, since I'm the social side of things. I think I've always known I'd be in business for myself or even start multiple businesses. I'm just that personality type. Even Meyers-Briggs thinks so.
- Who is your ideal client? - I'm a maverick photographer for playful couples, cosmopolitan weddings. You want to have a classy wedding but have a lot of fun in the process? Let's grab a beer and chat!
- What's one bit of advice you have for couples choosing a wedding pro in your category?
Make sure you like the people you work with! You will be spending a lot of time with many of your vendors and if you have a personality conflict or don't mesh well it will affect your wedding day. Finding pros you like and trust will ensure that even if things go awry your people will be there to make sure your day is amazing!
- What's your favorite part about the wedding industry?
I get to be involved in one of the most important, memorable, happiest day in people's lives. What's cooler than that? Plus we all know how to throw a great party!
- What did you do before you worked in this business?
I worked in healthcare, primarily dentistry. I got into that field because I wanted to help people. After awhile I discovered that healthcare is a for-profit business and that many people in the industry are way more concerned with making money than doing the right thing for their patients. I feel like I have helped so many more people with my photography than I ever did in healthcare!
Do you have a bio? Love to have a bit about you in your own words...
I think it's best described on my bio page: http://www.coloradoweddingphotogs.com/wedding-photographers/
- Do you travel? What are some of your favorite destinations?
I absolutely LOVE to travel! I won't ever pass up a chance to go somewhere new. I recently returned from a trip to France, which I love because it feels so ME, but I've been to Kenya a few times and I can tell you I left a piece of my heart there. My dream is to travel around India.
- Tell us about your family! Kids? Spouse?
Our baby is our 6 1/2 lb Yorkshire Terrier named Kinsey. Her personality far outweighs her size!
Meredith Harris Photographers
720 - 432 - 1242