your best friend to always be by your side
Do you have someone in your life who you couldn't imagine walking down the aisle without? I'm talking about your dog of course. Our furry friends play such an important role in our lives and our relationships that it might be hard to have them miss out on the big day! It is becoming increasingly more popular to have pets at wedding ceremonies and before you decide to buy them a little doggie bow-tie, take a look at some of these tips to ensure a great time for you and your pup!
2. What role will your dog have? Will they just be a guest of honor or are the going to walk down the aisle carrying the rings? If you are giving your dog a starring role make sure your pet is well-behaved because it can turn into a wild goose-chase very quickly! They may also get spooked depending on the venue location (i.e if your in the mountains and there is other wildlife) or with the large group of people watching them trot away.
3. Talk to your venue. Depending on where you are, some venues will not allow pets of any kind (or possibly only allow service dogs). Talk to the managers and see what the rules & regulations are.
4. Designate a handler. Before, during and after there ceremony have a family member or close friend be in charge of your furry companion. You and your loved one will be whisked from here to there and back again so adding a dog to that plate will be too much. This way you know your pup is safe, happy, and not getting into any trouble.
5. Have a ride home for your dog. Some venues will allow dogs for the ceremony but they will not be allowed in the reception hall. So make arrangements in advanced for someone to take your dog home or for someone to pick them up.
6. Talk to your photographer beforehand! You definitely want to get some awesome shots of your dog on the big day so make sure they are aware to set a little time aside for a little dog friendly photoshoot! (And maybe bring a bag of treats to help them look the camera as well).