our four-legged friends
your best friend to always be by your side
1. The most important thing to consider is how comfortable your dog will feel. It may mean a lot to you to have them there, but consider your dog's personality. If they adapt well to new places and don't mind large crowds of people then they will be just fine. But if your dog has a lot of anxiety and will be frightened, it may be best to think of just doing family pictures some other time.
2. What role will your dog have? Will they just be a guest of honor or are the going to walk down the aisle carrying the rings? If you are giving your dog a starring role make sure your pet is well-behaved because it can turn into a wild goose-chase very quickly! They may also get spooked depending on the venue location (i.e if your in the mountains and there is other wildlife) or with the large group of people watching them trot away.
3. Talk to your venue. Depending on where you are, some venues will not allow pets of any kind (or possibly only allow service dogs). Talk to the managers and see what the rules & regulations are.
4. Designate a handler. Before, during and after there ceremony have a family member or close friend be in charge of your furry companion. You and your loved one will be whisked from here to there and back again so adding a dog to that plate will be too much. This way you know your pup is safe, happy, and not getting into any trouble.
5. Have a ride home for your dog. Some venues will allow dogs for the ceremony but they will not be allowed in the reception hall. So make arrangements in advanced for someone to take your dog home or for someone to pick them up.
6. Talk to your photographer beforehand! You definitely want to get some awesome shots of your dog on the big day so make sure they are aware to set a little time aside for a little dog friendly photoshoot! (And maybe bring a bag of treats to help them look the camera as well).
PET FRIENDLY WEDDING PLANNERS
12/29/2017 09:56:11 am
I love this article! Dogs are totally part of the family and it's so awesome you took the time to remind people that bringing your four legged friends to the wedding is a great idea and how to make it work!
12/29/2017 09:56:50 am
Oh my god all these dogs!!! Every wedding deserves to have mans best friend as a part of Its wedding party!
12/29/2017 01:08:45 pm
You always come up with the best articles and help! I think to have your 4 legged friend on your day would be super fun, but it would add an extra layer of things to worry about no doubt!
12/29/2017 01:40:50 pm
Oh these photos just warm my heart.... 4 leg friends are so sweet. I love watching our kids and dogs interact together!
12/29/2017 02:46:28 pm
Oh I love all of these pet-friendly photos. And these are all such great tips!!
12/29/2017 05:24:33 pm
What a good idea for a blog post! These furbabies are so sweet!! I love having four legged friends at weddings.
12/29/2017 07:40:56 pm
What great advice. We are starting to see more dogs at weddings, and some of our friends treat their pets on par with children.
12/29/2017 08:44:27 pm
this is such great advice about bringing your pup to your wedding. i've seen it done well, and done poorly!! i feel so bad for the pups when they get stressed out, so it's so important to make sure they are comfortable!
12/30/2017 12:29:31 pm
What great ideas for incorporating your pets into your wedding! This is exactly why I always recommend couples have a wedding planner. Your expertise and wisdom helps you create unique experiences for each one, but you're also able to think through the ins and outs of execution. I love your work and your creative ideas!! Colorado is blessed to have Sweet Paired at their service!
Leave a Reply.
Lilli Black is a wedding coordinator, planner and designer in Denver Colorado. She works in Denver, as well as all over Colorado. She has been in the wedding industry for many years, and has planned more than 1000 weddings in Colorado.